- A considerable experience on scalability, reliability, architecturing and maintaining large scaled Database systems, including but not limited to Postgres, MySQL, ClickHouse, and Elastic. Most of the systems are/were business-critical.
- CI/CD for deploying Production Cloud-based and bare-metal infrastructure using Terraform/Packer, Ansible, Kubernetes, etc.
- Consistent experience in almost every mayor Cloud provider. Azure certified, GCloud, and AWS.
- A skilled communicator, managing Customer accounts worlwide.
- Hard-problem solving, and with aveced dealing of complex Production incidents.
I design reliable, scalable and ready-for-production Database infrastructures for some top-noch companies, based on Open Source Technologies from the ground up. That is, from coding the provisioning and deploy, components integrated in a Continuous Deployment (with Canary support, eg), to highly tweaked environments for performance and complex setups.
Other things that I love to do:
- I’m an experienced hydroponics micro-grower; DWC and NFT are my favorites.
- I’m an amateur musician, the typical string set plus some keyboards. Drawing is also a hobby.
- Love reading, particularly around polithical, econocomics and social affairs. An active Libertarian working from his basement :)
Ongres Inc. - Professional Services Tech Lead / Database Engineer Reliability Engineer
Remote. New York/Madrid Since September 2017 as OnGres, previously working as Consultant in 8kdata
At OnGres, I’m working on Architecture, Reliabiliy and Infrastructure of our customers’ production Databases.
- BBM (Blackberry - Emtek - Google Cloud): Live migration from Oracle to full Patroni automated cluster, from a premise based environment to Google Cloud. PgBouncer-Consul-Postgres
- Conrad (Google Cloud Partner): Full implementation of Patroni HA using etcd as consensus cluster, Load Balancing through Google iLB with API configuration with Patroni, and PgBouncer.
- GitLab as part of the Database Reliability Team and Database Architecture design.
- Postmates: Patroni Mult-project Terraform implementation with a centralized DCS.
- Postgres vs MongoDB
10k U$Sautomated benchmark, IaaC (Hashicorp echosystem, AWS provider based).
- Google Cloud as Partner.
- AWS’s Babelfish project, as a Developer Advocate for the Open Source version.
- Also provided trainings, and consultancy in a variety of customers such as Gitlab, American Express, Nutanix, BBM (Blackberry), Conrad Electronics, ARM, Microsoft, and Postmates.
- Infra and CD/CI: HCL (Terraform, Packer), Ansible, Kubernetes, Docker.
- Databases: Postgres (and extensions), MySQL, Oracle (to migrate out wink, wink)
- Languages: Python, Golang, C, bash
- Main Cloud Providers: Google Cloud, AWS
Plataform3 (formely ViaDB)
Madrid, Spain december, 2021 - Current
ViaDB is a boutique services-company for IaC Databases.
List of past and/or current customers:
- Openpass (Argentina)
- Mural (Argentina)
- Frávega (Argentina)
- iMedicare (USA)
- Eloquentix (US)
- 8kdata (Madrid)
- Avalon Informática (Madrid)
- Init (País Vasco)
- Scienza (Argentina)
- Syscope (Argentina)
- Mexane (Argentina)
- Contenta Mobile (Argentina)
- Slots Machines (Argentina)
- TreeLogic (Asturias)
- BTS (Usa - Zaragoza)
- LCRCOM.net (Madrid)
- Autofarma (Argentina)
- VsTour (Argentina)
- CycleLogic (Argentina)
- Ericsson/EDB (USA)
- Pic-pic (USA)
- PFA (Argentina)
- Jampp (Arg/USA)
- Contenta Mobile (Argentina)
- Slots Machines (San Luis, Argentina)
- Pampa Business Solutions (Argentina)
- Sindicato de Pasteleros y afines (Argentina)
See more at ViaDB.
- July 2nd, 2013: AWS - Postgres in AWS PostgreSQL running over EC2 instances with EBS/PIOPS storage. Minimum architecture, tips and advises. Download AWS in Postgres from local
- PostgreSQL 9.4 Associate Certification,
- PostgreSQL 11 Professional Certification
- Azure Data Engineer and Microsoft Certified Trainer.
Other certifications related to DataScience Specialization:
- R programming
- Getting and Cleaning Data
- Exploratory Analysis
- Reproducible Research
- Statistical inference
- Regression Models
- Big Data, University of San Diego
- ESBA - Developer Analyst
Percona - Senior Technical Services Engineer [main position]
Buenos Aires, Argentina August 2016 - September 2017
Full description of the role here.
At Percona, I worked as a Remote DBA position at Atlas team. The core techology was MySQL and MariaDB, for large scale infrastructures.
Deep understanding of the replication protocol, availability, and sharding.
Some highlighted customers: Hyperwallet, Fitbit, Lookout, Shipwire
8kData - Data External Advisor
Madrid, Spain January 2016 - September 2017
External technical advisor and consultant for Postgres and other related technologies.
UDE - Open Source Source Undergraduate Degree Associate Professor
La Plata, Argentina June 2016
Open Source Source Undergraduate Degree Associate Professor, PostgreSQL Database specialist.
Pythian - Technical Lead - ACTG (Advanced Consulting Team Group) Member
Ottawa, Canada January 2015 - June 2016
- Support to Pythian’s External Profile.
- Member of the Advanced Consulting Team Group (PostgreSQL).
- Other Technologies: MySQL/MariaDB, xtraDB, Galera, Docker, Ansible, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Vertica, Oracle.
- Part of the ACTG for PostgreSQL implementations, solutions and architecture.
- Lead Database Consultant at T73.
Some highlighted customers: Microsoft, Beats (Apple), Adobe Echosign, Fitbit, Sendgrid, Mozilla Foundation, Zendesk, SendGrid.
2ndQuadrant - PostgreSQL Consultant
Buenos Aires, Argentina February 2014 - January 2015
- PostgreSQL consultant, support and training.
- Testing new features, debugging and code review.
BlackBird IT (ex-PalominoDB) - Database Operations - Professional Services
Las Vegas, NV September 2011 - February 2014
- Primary DBA/Teach Lead of the PostgresXC databases.
- MySQL-and-forks/PostgreSQL-and-Forks administration over several customers.
- Considerable amount of experience running DDL/Query/Capacity/Server Reviews.
- Technical writer (site is under “pythian.com”): http://www.palominodb.com/category/postgres
- Backups, Replication, HA, Monitoring, Trending, Health Reviews, DDL Reviews, percona toolkits and several Postgres tools.
- Some other databases that I’m currently working with: MongoDB, Cassandra, Redis.
- AWS experience. EC2, RDS, S3, LB, EBS, Redshift, DynamoDB, AWS API.
- Open Stack Cloud experience.
- Extensive experience on server reviews, workload tracing and SQL rewriting and tuning.
- Scripting/development: Python, Perl , PL/pgsql and bash. In reverse order.
Some of the highlighted customers: Adobe Echosign, Fitbit, Zendesk, Chegg, SendGrid
Aedgency - MySQL/Oracle DBA
Barcelona, Spain November 2010 - March 2012
- MySQL/Oracle database administration.
- Query tuning and performance.
- ETL integration between databases.
- PL/SQL development.
- Bash scripting.
- Sphinx basic configuration, fixing and monitoring.
SIU - DBA & Database Production Consulting
Buenos Aires, Argentina July 2009 - July 2010
- Provided traning and support to national universities (as UNLP, UNC, UNNE, UNNOBA, UNCU, UNPA, UNR, etc), support developers in DB modeling and administration of Postgresql-Informix-Mysql databases.
- Data Architect tasks and server revisions. Planning migrations and future strategies to board new releases.
- Coordinated teams for database support to enhance the compliant between apps of SIU.
- Developing the production and pre-prod following plan for all the SIU apps. Server metrics and other stuff for high performance servers.
Globant - SysAdmin Linux - EA
Buenos Aires, Argentina February 2009 - July 2009
- SysAdmin Unix at EA (Electronic Arts) Hydra - GOP project.
- Maintained platform consisted in Oracle database 10, Apaches and Tomcats (VAP, VCM) Clustered, with several stages of deploy.
- Main tasks were relate to deploys, environment configuration, VMWare Infraestructure Client maintenance and monitoring.
- I did Mysql DBA tasks on Prod, Pre-Production and Development Servers for a Forums project. Fixing some character set problems and DDL, backups, restores, check, performance and others.
- Basic knowledge on deployment / process with Maven - Ant - Hudson.
- Assigned 50% to another project to provide Engineering Support at EA over Python scripting.
Correo Argentino - SysAdmin senior Linux and PostgreSQL
Monte Grande, Argentina August 2008 - February 2009
- I managed production platform at Correo Argentino (over 400 terms with local databases and Linux enviroment).
- Some machines was enlaced with a AD throw WinBind.
- Created an improved deploy tool for scripts, database recovery, control and monitoring, etc.
- Also managed servers over Centos 5 for the support area’s knowledge-base application (7 DB MySQL 5.1)
Siemens - PHP developer
Monte Grande, Argentina January - August 2008
Huenei - Application Support
Monte Grande , Argentina October 2007 - January 2008
- Terminal administration in W/NT and 2K remote servers. Configuration, control, monitoring. Attend Remedy tickets for fix problems and others.
- The application was in Paradox and Oracle databases, in which my tasks consisted in repair tables, fix some wrong data and others.
- Bug reporting and detection.
- MOSAIC debugging and support.
- Customer Correo Argentino / Siemens.
As a previous and unrelated experience to IT, I worked as Officer and had quit as Adjutor Principal after 8 years of serving at Argentina’s Federal Bureau of Prisons (Servicio Penitenciario Federal). I had been in charge of assigned groups at several institutions from medium to high security. I cooperated in the design of some of the security and emergency procedures and designed the operations and personnel capacitation. In the early days of my career, on the External Security Officer role, I managed the weapon capacity and storage of the shifts. I also conducted sanction procedures and crime investigations in several of those establishments. I must highlight that it is not possible to go any further whether you want to change things for good; there will be always someone on top of you trying to keep his/her power. And that was one of the reasons why I quit.